Thursday, October 7, 2010

La Scala Opera!

So IES is super fantastic and got a bunch of free tickets to the Teatre alla Scala which is the super famous opera house in Milan. Music students got first dibs and I got to go on Wednesday night to see L'Elisir D'Amore (The Elixir of Love) which is a comedic opera by Gaetano Donizetti.

I have never really seen an opera unless you count James Niblock operas at Blue Lake (I never saw the Menotti opera that was put on this year) and I am now in love. It was so much fun, even when the subtitles weren't working well. The music was beautiful, it was wonderfully staged, and I just had a fabulous time.

The best part was the tenor aria in the second act which was absolutely gorgeous.

I'm now making it a plan in life to try and see opera more often, before I never realized how enjoyable it can be but now I'm converted.

In other news, Thursday Adventure this week is failing and not occurring. I have a lesson and I haven't been feeling that well. I'm doing a lot better (so don't worry) but I didn't want to over-exert myself with my day trips coming up this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Em:

    Mom and I took a tour of LaScala but I'm sure an actual opera would have been better. I'm glad you're taking advantage of the cultural events being offered by IES. Have a safe trip this weekend.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess it's official. You can't come to live with me in Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete