Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Da Vinci's The Last Supper

Just a quick blog post to update that I got to go see Da Vinci's Last Supper at Santa Maria Delle Grazie today. It was a wonderful experience that I highly recommend to anybody coming to Milan. To see something that you've seen prints of and pictures of in textbooks up close is just amazing and I loved it. You can see the textures and where things are still fading away despite the many restorations.

I had an English guide with the ticket I got (I couldn't find any left directly through the ticket office so I had to find a third party that blocks out a few times a week to take people through) and that made the experience very informative and interesting.

So, definitely go see The Last Supper sometime in your lifetime. It's worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment