Thursday, November 18, 2010

Swiss Visitors

Michelle, Me, and Janine at the Parco Sempione

So this past weekend I had some visitors from Switzerland. When I was in Europe in 2007 with Blue Lake International Southern Winds I had stayed with a family for four days in Switzerland and had since kept it pretty decent contact with my host sister Janine. So, she came down to Milan for the weekend with her sister Michelle. They'd never been to Milan before so we had a good time.

They got here Saturday and we went to the Duomo area where you can see the Duomo (of course), the Vittorio Emmanuel, and La Scala. We did some shopping (another popular activity around the Duomo) and had lunch. For dinner we went out with two of my friends of Sicilian style pizza al tracio (pizzia by the slice) at this place called Spontini which is so good. If you're ever in Milan go find it, it's fantastic.

Sunday we went back to the Duomo and actually went inside because there had been a really long line the day before. We walked around and saw some of the very fancy shopping, and then, because of the rain (molto pioggia) we went to the museums in the castle. We had lunch at Bar Magenta which is a rather historic bar that my language partner had taken me to previously and saw the inside of San Ambrogio. I'd never been inside and it's a very beautiful church. It's the oldest church in Milan and definitely worth a visit.

I had a great time with my host sisters but this weekend it's off to Rome. And then I have another visitor coming Monday...Aaron's coming to visit me! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping in touch is hard to do, but it certainly has benefits. Isn't it wonderful to have Swiss friends? Loved the backdrop in your photo Em. You look very happy.

    ReplyDelete